Then I thought - I have very few of just me and her - so I snapped one.
Her eating her cereal... and her toes.
I am in LOVE with Madison. It is funny how the whole new baby love thing works. With each one of my children I feel like I have never loved someone that much before. I feel a very personal strong connection and am just... in love. The other great thing about my "newborn stage" is that I always feel like I get plenty of time with them (mostly... well completely... thanks to Jason). I always feel like I got to hold them and get to know them just as much as I did Brock. Now a days Madison and I spend wonderful quality time together in the evening. The other three go to bed at 8:00 sharp - and Madison and I lay in my bed and nurse, and play, and talk, and cuddle, and everything else until she falls asleep around 9:30 - actually that is when we both fall asleep. She still nursed at night... and I could care less. She is my longest baby to not sleep through the night and I have no intention of "forcing it" - like I did my others. I am happy to get up with her - anytime between 3:30 and 5:00 and nurse for a half hour or so. Strange - she must be the baby.
She is starting to crawl and get all over the place now. It is all backwards and sideways - but she gets anywhere she wants to go - just backwards, it is very funny. I am excited to have her crawl, I love having a crawler in the house. Parts of me are sad that she is growing up - but I am at peace with it. I think Madison will be most like me - both in looks and personality - which is weird because she is most like Brock and Brock is most like Jason. I guess Jason and I were meant to be :) I am excited to get to know her as she grows up.
2 comments:
Jamie, since you mentioned nursing and sleeping through the night, you should do a post about how and when you were able to get your babies to sleep through the night. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.
I'm so glad you're able to enjoy your baby so much, especially since you are also very busy with your older three.
Post a Comment