I am not sure why but birthday posts are really overwhelming to me. If I ever get super behind on my blog - it is because of a birthday. Madison's birthday was way back in August - but I feel like it was just last week because of the whole move and everything. Anyways... she turned 2! Which on one hand is totally unbelievable and on the other seems just about right. She for sure is not my baby anymore and is definitely just one of the big kids.
Her request for her cake was, "a pink cake" - that is all she would ever say. And after her party when people asked her about her birthday she would say, "I had a pink cake". I guess I am glad I got her exactly what she wanted - which was great because it was SO EASY. If I could start my mothering over again one thing I would change was having cute/themed birthday cakes - once you start you can't stop. I also did 2 different colors of pink in the batter.
Her aunt Ashley took her shopping and she picked out a doll double stroller and a doll high chair. She loves dolls in a way that Megan didn't at her age (or even now). She will play with her dolls, totally independent, for about 30 minutes.
A super cute picture of her and her grandpa Herbert.
Opening presents.
Blowing out her candles. She got both candles in one breath.
I took her outside to try and get a great 2 year old photo. She was more silly than cooperative - I guess that is actually a real 2 year old for you!
The best one.
Madison is so talkative. She says the most absurd things and repeats EVERYTHING you or anyone says - no matter how long or difficult it is. She sings songs all day - mostly, "I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee", I am a Child of God, I Love to See the Temple, or "the Trumpet Song" which is "The Morning Trumpet". She is very motherly and compassionate and aware of others needs. She will open doors for people and pick up anything that someone drops. She loves to try on everyones shoes all day - but takes hers off in the car, at the park, at the store - just about everywhere. She has never been into TV. About two weeks before we moved to Denver she kind of started watching Super Why and now in Denver she has become obsessed with Letter Factory and would watch it 10 times a day if I let her. She knows how to milk it too - she says, "can I watch Letter Factory because I need to learn my letters" - how can a mother say no to that? When we moved to Denver she only knew the letter "W" but didn't know what it said; 3 weeks later she now knows all her letters and all her sounds - she was my last child to learn them - the other three knew them all by 18 months - I contribute her "lack of knowledge" to her non-interest in TV. TV honestly taught my children their numbers and letters.
Her new favorite thing to do is play games. She asks to do that 100 times a day. Her favorites are Candy Land, Operation, Hi HO Cherry O, and Ants in My Pants. She really plays them and is actually good. She give great hugs. When talking about her siblings she says, "my sister and my boys" - it is so cute. She loves to wrestle - especially with Brock. If Brock is ever sitting on the ground she will just go tackle him. She reminds me a lot of myself and gives a lot of the same looks that I gave as a child.
3 comments:
I LOVE the pictures you took of her. So cute! They caught her at this stage perfectly. The pink cake is beautiful.
And I love that she says, "my boys". How cute. The picture of her holding up both hands with one finger is what Alex did when he would ask for two of something.
I like how she holds up 2 separate fingers for 2. Showing 2 fingers is hard, and my June just said she was 3, because its easier. Now at 2.5, she holds up 3 and says "I am 2, not dis finger." I love a 2 year old
Post a Comment