Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Great's house


I went to Utah with a list of things I wanted to do.  Most of them did not get done - but that is for another post.  But one thing on my list was to hang out at my grandma's house with the kids.  Well, that ended up happening like 5 times!  It was so wonderful.  My grandparents live on this large, secluded piece on land in Holladay Utah.  They built the house when they got married (my grandpa was actually born on the land), they have a hundred year old pear orchard.  It is wonderful.  My grandma has the most beautiful flower gardens all over her property (actually I suppose we should call them my grandpa's now since I am sure he does all the work - my grandma had double knee replacements this last winter/spring.
 
On our first Sunday in Utah we went to their house to hang out in the evening and have dessert.  Megan really wanted to make several flower bouquets.  My grandma pulled out the clipping sheers and all the cousins got in on it.





  




 
 







 
Another Sunday in Utah we went to my Grandma's house to have my nephew blessed.  It was Father's Day and several family members could not come to a blessing during church because of other commitments - so my sister Katie, decided to have him blessed  that evening.  It was a perfect blessing, and a perfect evening.  She has a darling family.











On another trip to "Great's" house we had an "out of school party" with all my cousins (I am one of the oldest of about 25 grandkids - so there are still several little kids.








 
At that party we also celebrated all of the kids' birthdays - since they don't get to celebrate with family in Denver.











and of course - icecream cones.

 
On another trip there we had Brooke's baby shower.  I am SO EXCTED for my little brother and his sweet wife to have their little baby girl.  I am so sad to be away for it.  They are going to be great parents and I am so proud of them for starting their family.





 
 

No comments: