Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Running a business

I am a terrible business woman.  Which is funny because before I had kids I worked for a large corporation in their legal department and I loved it - not exactly business - but close.  I say I am terrible because, as it turns out, I feel guilty making a profit.  Last week I was shopping for preschool stuff and while I was at the store I picked up a few groceries.  Usually I pay with 2 different transactions - but it was only a few things and I was in a hurry - so  I just paid for it all out of my preschool account. 




I felt like I was stealing.  I felt so guilty.  Would any one know?  Was I being dishonest?  I felt like I couldn't face the parents of my kids knowing I had spent their money, intended for their child's education, on groceries.  It occurred to me on my drive home that running a preschool is intended  to make a profit.  Obviously I KNEW that, but apparently I hadn't internalized what that meant - especially since I am still building my business and am putting 100% back into my preschool (well 90%).


I guess one day I will be making a profit and spending that money... but probably not because it is really important to me that I spend $50.00 on a great sensory bin activity.  This preschool is a very expensive hobby. :)

No comments: