Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Icy River

We have a river, bridge, and pond not far from our house.  We have had a lot of fun going down there and playing on the icy river (NOT the pond - I have been very clear about that).  They literally worked for HOURS excavating the ice out from under the bridge and bring it up in big sheets.  It is really cool.  In this day and age of technology, instant gratification, and constant "fun" and "easiness" it was so fulfilling to watch them work really hard - their hands would be so cold and red they couldn't move them - but they wouldn't stop they just kept dipping their hands beneath the icy surface into the freezing water and trying to pry the ice up.  I was very impressed.


The river goes down hill and it had frozen which made them into awesome ice slides!







No comments: