Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Sleeping

We have had 5 weeks of bad sleeping and 4 days of terrible sleeping.  I know it was like this with the other 4 - but I honestly don't remember feeling like this.  He sleeps good from 9:30 to midnight.  But then is up every hour the rest of the night and the last 4 nights is up every 20 minutes.  He doesn't want to eat - he doesn't even want to sleep with me.  He wants me to hold him standing up and walking around.  He knows if I sit.  I assume it has so stop sometime.  He has to figure it out and learn to sleep again.  Right? 

Knowing this is how it will be for the next 3 years is what is overwhelming.  I have had my nights all to myself for 5 years with wonderfully uninterrupted sleep.  I have been spoiled.  Sacrifice breeds love... right?  I actually had that thought last night.  He is such a dream during the day and has only brought love and joy into our home and family that if was wonderful at night then I wouldn't have to work hard and sacrifice for  him and it is hard work and sacrifice that brings the greatest rewards.  That is how I am getting through this.  I would rather him be hard at night and I take the brunt of it than have him be hard during the day and have it effect the whole family. 

No comments: