Brock agreed to play basketball this winter. I say agreed becasue it was definitely more for me than for him. He enjoys it, well enough, but he doesn't love it, and he isn't great at it. That is actually one of the main reasons I want him to play. Brock is used to being the best on the team in what ever team he is on, which very little effort. I like that he is one of the worst on the team in basketball and that it doesn't come naturally to him. It shows his true character and his true athleticism. I also think it is a great sport to know how to play, especially in our church culture, and will serve him well for many years if he can feel confident on the court, he is too good an athlete to not be confident to play a pick-up basketball game. And, selfishly, basketball is my favorite sport to watch, so I wanted to watch him. Thanks to covid I only got to watch 3 games, but it was worth it and in the end he was glad he played. Which was doubly sweet to hear because his team was terrible, they were 0 and 9 and their closest game was down 10 - and that was THRILLING. They never once led in a game. But he liked going, never complained or got mad or frustrated.
It was also nice that his best friend, Cameron, played as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment