Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Getting Ready for Christmas

When we found out Jason was leaving we went about getting a bunch of things done before he left - one big task was Christmas.  He graciously helped my get Christmas up, put up the lights, and made sure we got a tree all before he left.

I had been wanting new/more Christmas stuff for a few years.  My friend down the street was redoing her Christmas theme so she gave me her old decorations, I decorated more this year than ever before.  It was so fun and wonderful, although I knew I had too much.  I started with 9 boxes, I have dwindled it down to 5, I hope to get down to 4 next year.  But it was fun to have it all up this year.

Dane loved helping, especially with his new tool set he got for his birthday.


While Jason was gone the kids watched Christmas movies and slept in the living room under the tree a few nights.

For Christmas Madison said she wanted us all to go to the temple and see the nativity, so we did this one night when we went and looked at lights.

I did a few FB posts about my old christmas cards, I will post them below.


Several years ago I started keeping all the christmas cards sent to us. I wasnt sure why. I didnt have a vision. But oh, how I love that I did! My kids love going through them and seeing who knows the most people. It reminds us of dear friendships and how much we have been through together. It makes my heart so full to look through them. If you want to send a card to a family who will keep it send one to us!

D6ecueumSib46ler7 29n6h,l 820omc21r 1at 93d:52 AM 
Shared with Your friends and friends of anyone tagged
Friends
Remember my post a few weeks back about keeping Christmas cards?
Well today we played a game where I drew a christmas card and you got a point (you could also do M&M or something) for every name you got right on the card, how we know or are related to that family, or if you could tell us one fact/story about that family. It was SO FUN and funny to see who knew what and what they remembered. Because of the pressure they sometimes couldn't come up with names of cousins or church friends - that was hilarious, but we also heard sweet memories like "he was our home teacher and one time I remember _________" (Karen Grish Burnside), "he was my nursery leader" (Kerry Hoeft Bright: For Mike). or she was my first crush (Mike Ulrich: for London) Good times and I think we have a new tradition. I HIGHLY recommend it!




 

No comments: