Sometimes you don't know how much people mean to you until they are gone... or at least not as close. I knew Veronica was a good friend and that I appreciated her friendship when they lived here. But I didn't know how vital her presence was in my life. I realize that all the joy and hominess that we found in Colorado was because of the whole Birch family. When Veronica moved to Georgia I found she left a huge void. Luckily we have decided to stay in constant contact. We share our insights, promptings, and spiritual experiences, often, daily with each other. We are on similar spiritual journeys. Our friendship has become more dear in the last 2 years than when they lived down the street.
Her wise husband noticed our connection and decided that for her 40th birthday she deserved 48 hours of constant gospel discussion - and he knows me well enough to know that I would happily provide that! My 2 favorite topics are religion and politics - and Veronica is the same (although we disagree on some politics:) So he flew me out for a weekend. It was wonderful. I love her children and her husband and it was a wonderfully uplifting weekend that made me wish is was a week... or a lifetime. There are some people who I know would make my life better if I lived next door to them. One is Karli the other is Veronica (well... the whole Birch family). They really inspire me and uplift who ever comes into their home. They are great gatherers and lifters and always have their eye on the ball.
I was there for just about 2 days and we did the most important things. We went to the temple, attended a RS super-Saturday activity with wonderful speakers, and ate Aaron's food. Other than talk, that was really all we did. It was heavenly.

1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to go on a trip like that!
Post a Comment