Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, August 8, 2022

Utah: Temple Square and Elder Pace

Remember back during my General Conference post I mentioned that Elder Pace quoted me in his conference talk?  Well... he sent me a thank you note afterwards and in it he said he wanted to meet us next time we were in Utah.  So I took him up on the offer!  One morning we ALL met him and his wonderful wife down at temple square for a tour.  It was wonderful!  He was so nice and cute with the kids and they were so thrilled to be meeting a church officer.





After walking around temple square and seeing the construction he took us up to the church office building to tour his floor and to see the view from up high.  We were ecstatic, you would have thought we got access to the pentagon.  To be IN the church office building!  We were all hoping to run into some "people" but no such luck, it was pretty empty.  But it was still really cool.


We met the guys that write CFM and then we hung out in Elder Pace's office while we talked about hi talk writing process and the challenges of being the Sunday School President. 




We were there way longer than I thought we would be and both the babies were DONE.  We left and walked away, all the way to the conference center when I got a call from Elder Pace he wanted us to come back.  We all looked at each other with a bewildered look, we knew we wanted to but getting the babies that far felt like we had climbed a mountain, and now go back?  We turned around and ran back.

Elder Pace gathered my teenagers and bore a beautiful testimony to them.  Worth it!  As a side note he seemed particularly impressed with Madison and Noah.



Since we were downtown I CONVINCED everyone to go to the conference center so we could get a picture from the roof.  They weren't thrilled, but once we got inside they all really wanted to see their favorite "thing" in the conference center and we ran all around to each floor seeing all the favorite art and sculptures.  It was heavenly.  We finally made it up to the roof.
This was the shot I was going for but...


This is the shot I love.  I feel like it deserves some wonderful quote or scripture about vision or perspective or looking towards the temple.  I absolutely love it.

On the way home we all got icebergs.  It was a good day.

can't you tell?

 

No comments: