Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Thanksgiving: The Drive Home

One of the problems with my blog (one of many) is that I am so far behind, and I work in batches.  Creating my blog is very laborious and clunky with many different steps.  I made these "drafts" months ago, and then when I have time I go in and write.  I obviously made this draft becasue there was a story about our drive home, and i included this picture to tell some sort of story, but 4 months later and I can't remember.  


If I had to guess I would say that I included this picture to represent what a thoughtful sister I have.  Ashley bought me this beautiful vase.  Also I couldn't fit it in the car, so it rode up front with me.  I have to say, I am an amazing packer.  Every family trip: on the way there and on the way home I have every child, and even Jason, say to me "that isn't all going to fit" and I ALWAYS get it all to fit, and I hardly ever even put stuff under kids' feet.  
Dane also threw up all over himself and car seat about 40 minutes from home.  We decided to just throw the car seat away at the gas station and commit to him riding in a booster from then on.   

THEN when we got home (at like 11 o clock at night) our piolet light on our heater had gone out and it had been literally freezing in Colorado for almost a week, so our house was at like 38 degrees.  It was miserable.  Thankfully none of our piles burst.  I had a few friends offer space heaters.  I put all of them in Dane and Eve's room and shut the door and Jason and the big kids unpacked the car.  I wasn't as creative as I should have been.  Later I realized I should have stripped the bedding and thrown it in the dryer and gotten a hair dryer.  But I learned that Eve should never walk to plains as she was inconsolable becasue she was so miserable in the cold, so my brain wasn't working quite like it should have.  

 

No comments: