Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, August 9, 2024

Wednesday: Hoe Rainforest and Ocean Shores

We were all a little sad on Wednesday morning to leave the Myers house.  We could have stayed for several more days.

They had a sports court that the kids loved playing in.
And a "big" piano that Dane and Eve loved playing on.
Before we left I got a picture of Corinne and Jason.  Corinne was on her way to go work out and Jason was leaving for a hike, I was lame for not getting a picture earlier in the week when they were both looking a bit more put together.  But I was glad to get one before we left.  I am so grateful for their friendship.  Jason and I had a fun time dissecting their relationship and the influence it had on his life as we drove around western Washington.
 and one with the three of us.

After left Seattle we drove about an hour and a half to the Hoe Rainforest.  It is the only certified Rainforest (or something like that) in North America.  When we got there it started raining pretty hard.   I have to admit I couldn't decide if I was mad or excited about the rain.  This was my moment!  I had taken a lot of time and preparation to prepare for wet and muddy hiking and we hadn't experienced any yet, so this is where I would find out if I was as prepared as I thought.



The forest was so cool.  It was something we had never seen before. 


Madison was our explorer. She wanted to climb onto everything and walk out over the water.  This also led to Eve and Dane wanting to do it.  Jason didn't appreciate any of this.  After a few close calls he called it off and we all stayed on the path, as was the rule of the park.  











It rained almost the whole time we were there, it didn't "ruin" it but I think we would have enjoyed it a lot more had it just been a normal sunny day.  But it was absolutely breathtaking and so still, quiet and peaceful.  
















After the rainforest we drove for a few hours to Ocean Shores.  This was the first time we really saw the ocean and Dane and Eve REALLY wanted to go see it.  Our Airbnb wasn't on the beach in this town, but it would be for the next 2 nights, but Dane and Eve didn't really care about that.  So Jason took them to the beach and then for some quick pizza and I took the teenagers out to get some "real" dinner.  We found a great sea food restaurant.    


Back at our condo after putting Dane and Eve to bed we played some family games.


It was a great night - for all of us.
 




No comments: