Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Things I learned from Super Saturday

I am the Second Counselor in our Relief Society - and as such I am in charge of enrichment, which means I was in charge of our Super Saturday for Christmas. It was a few weeks ago, but I am just now recovering, so I am only now able to reflect on the things I have learned. I thought I might share them with you, knowing many of you might find yourself in a similar situation.

1 - You don't need 500 different crafts, although you might want diversity, most people sign up to do all of them, and then they don't have time to actually do all of them, so you waste money buying the stuff.

2 - Once Saturday has ended - end it! Do not do make up days, or continue to let people buy stuff - this only increases your chances of going over budget, and in the end you will not be able to make everyone happy, and it isn't fair to just make a few happy.

3 - Don't ever reduce prices until the day of - it will just be a nice little bonus if they get there and don't have to pay as much. Last minute spending is always more than you thought.

4 - Delegate. I say this with a little bit of hesitancy. I had plenty of people volunteering to help, but I just wanted to do it myself. I know that if I did it again, I still wouldn't delegate much, but it is still useful advice. Looking back, I guess, there were some things I could have given up control of.

5 - Don't expect to get your own crafts done. I actually thought I would.

I hope this was a little helpful (and humorous to those of you in my ward). I loved Super Saturday and am glad I got the opportunity to participate. I am proud to report I have finished all of my crafts and stayed within budget (it got a little scary at the end).

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We all really appreciated the work and time and money and trips and everything else you put into it! It was such a blast and a great experience to get to know the other women. Thanks Jamie!