This is Jason, Jamie's wife. I rarely check her blog; usually to make sure she isn't giving away too much important information. I'm positive this is the only post I'll ever make on it and she doesn't know I'm doing this so please don't tell her. I simply needed to make everyone aware of how much I love and respect everything that she does for me.
My wife is everyting I wish I was and certainly the only good thing about me. We only have two things in common, our fierce independence and an ability to talk about the gospel. Dispite the lack of mutual interests she always makes time for me to engage in my hobbies and always finds the courage to engage in her's independent of my support, for which I am sorry. She is more intelligent than she gives herself credit for and usually wins all of our gospel discussions. She is kind and thoughful of others. She is constantly giving of herself and I can't ever recall one complaint she may bear consistently, or any complaint for that matter.
She raises two extrememly energic boys pretty much by herself. I don't get home unitl 5 and they go to bed at 8. Add some time for dinner and it should be obvious that I only have enough time to teach them bad habits like hitting each other or tripping each other. My boys are clean and healthy. They are obedient and extremely smart. They love to read books and sing songs and are so friendly with everyone. She has done all of this while making sure they get exposed to the outside world through walks and duck pond trips and journeys up the canyon. They can tell you stories about the gospel and know how to take the sacrament. One of Brock's favorite books is the bible and he often wants to read scriptures. She is the best mother I could want for my children.
I am a difficult man to live with. I am extremely intelligent and worse, I know it. I am independent and stubborn. I am also commonly angry about something or someone. Dispite all this, she loves me. I honestly feel her love and know that is supports me. To think someone as precious and important as her could love someone as insignificant and recluse as me gives me hope and a conviction to do better. She is everything I am not and everything Christ wants from us. As many have read she is wiling to admit her shortcomings and as she didn't post, her loss of faith in the face of our trials is never as severe as she claims. She is strong like Oak and nobly erect in the face of the destroyer. I know I married up and I'm constantly afraid that my good fortune hinders her; like I stole her away from a much better man who has many more important things to do and could have used her support and love for better things.
The truth is I needed her more. She is everything to me. I'm so afraid she'll wake up one day and realize she can do better. Her love has seen me through my darkest days. I can not remember life before her and I do not want to think of a life without her. The friends and family who read this blog are lucky to know her and have her in their lives. She is a well of compassion, strength, and clean living. A true friend in a societal sea of deceit and banalities. I am forever blessed to have this time with her. I miss her when she is gone from me. I am more at peace when she is with me. I love her and I hope that you do too because she is special. Once in a lifetime moment special. A breeze that comforts you; a warmth you internalize rather than just feel before it moves on into another fleeting moment. I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jamie you are amazing, you have always been a great example to me! I loved reading this post, you guys are such a cute family. You can tell Jason really loves you! Love ya
Really??(as i'm tearing up) I have no words but...Well said!
Geez did he just set the bar high for all men out there or what! Looks like you got a keeper and yes Jamie I have never met anyone better you inspire me to be more spiritual every time I read your posts.
Jason, you are a dream boy for what you just wrote!
I am crying. I love you both. This is all so true and I am very impressed with your ability to express what a fabulous wife you have.
Kar
Gotta admit, that was touching. Especially in the first line when Jason called himself, "Jamie's wife." That takes courage to say something like that. Way to admit it.
Post a Comment