Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Milestones

I have not been very great with blogging lately - I have about a million posts to do, and I will be doing them a lot more soon, mostly because we have had a lot of milestones in the Herbert family the past few weeks and because of them I can start blogging more.
  • Brock is potty trained! We started about 6 weeks ago - and after about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks I felt I could say "he is potty trained". There were a few days I wanted to do a post saying, "it's not working - HELP" - or just wanted to give up, but then it all turned around and he is doing great. The key for us was just 100% staying out of it - I never ask him if he needs to go - or tell him that he needs to go, if I stay out of it he is responsible, but if I get involved he uses me as a crutch and then we have accidents.
  • I stopped breast feeding Noah. This one was just a few days ago, and I have mixed feelings. I am glad to be done - I have been either pregnant or nursing for over 3 years now and I am excited to give my body a break and hopefully regain some energy and gain some weight (about 10 or 15 pounds). But I will REALLY miss that alone - one on one - time with Noah. I now really feel like I have 2 little boys and no baby... when did that happen??
  • We had Noah's one year appointment last week (even though he is not a year for another week) and he is in the 1 percentile!! He had only gained like .25 lbs in the last 3 months. Umm... can I still put him in a foreword facing car seat?? I really want to!
  • Brock and Noah are now sleeping in the same room! I wanted to wait until I stopped nursing before we did this - I liked just having Noah awake in the mornings to nurse him before Brock woke up. So far they are doing good - but it has only been 2 days - but we are so excited to have our apartment back - hence the blogging.
  • Jason's job officially ended on Friday... anyone know of a company needing a Human Resources rep?? We are bummed - but secretly excited to have him home with us during the days.
  • Noah has 2 teeth - we thought he maybe just didn't have any teeth (Brock had 12 by the time he was one). But Noah now has 2 - and I cannot wait for him to get a whole mouth full so I can stop making baby food - fun for the first 3 months... then after that, just annoying (but worth it).
  • A few quick Brock updates: Loves letters and counting, says the ABC's all the time, can spell his name, and can (usually) identify the letters: A,B,C,D,K,M,O,P,R,S,Y, and Z. He talks all the time and says the funniest things, his sentences are 6 or 7 words long and usually grammatically correct. He sings songs all day, mostly: wheel's on the bus, ABC's, Old McDonald, Amazing Grace, Old Man River, Be still My Soul, and Jesus wants me for a Sun Beam. He loves Noah and actively tells me what he needs and gets mad when he thinks I am not taking care of Noah very well, "Mom, Noah not want food, Noah wants binky." or "Mom, stop cleaning, Noah tired, put Noah sleep." or if Noah wakes up early and I tell Brock we are going to let him cry for a minute he says, "Not want Noah cry, go get him." then he proceeds to yell at Noah's door, "I come get you Noah, don't worry."

2 comments:

Foster Mom said...

Love this post! Your boys are so sweet! Sorry about Jason's job...we'll keep our eyes peeled for a job!! Lets get together this week. I'll call ya.

Adrienne and Darren said...

I always love your blog. I am sorry to hear about Jasons job. We are in the same boat. Darren hasn't found a job yet. He has been out of a job for 2 months now. We tried to go out my brothers but that didn't go good. He is working for his brother, but it is so stressful. I hope you are hanging in there. We will keep you in our prayers. i made my blog private because we don't have internet, so when I get it i will start blogging again. Take Care.