Brock has been saying the cutest and funniest things lately. Today we went to the library to check out some Christmas books. Brock wasn't very involved in the process, I just picked out some ones I knew he would like while him and Noah ran around. He took a quick glance at them to "approve" while we were at the check-out line.
On the stroller ride home Brock said:
"I want to learn about Santa."
He had never said anything like that before, I was thrilled for him to say something so "grown-up" and inquisitive. So I started to tell him about Santa. He was so interested, he would repeat things back to me like, "Oh, he lives in the North Pole" and "He visits all the children." He was really trying to understand and remember. As we arrived home I added that the real reason we celebrate Christmas is to celebrate the day Jesus was born.
About 5 minutes later we were sitting down to eat lunch and Brock said:
"I want to learn about how Jesus was born."
This of coarse thrilled me, so of coarse I recounted the story and pulled out a few of the library books I got about the nativity scene. He went down for his nap and when he woke up the first thing he asked for was to hear the story about how Jesus was born. He has asked to hear the story about 5 other times tonight.
During one part of the story I said that Jesus was born in a stable - kind of like a barn - and that Jesus was there in the manger and Angels came. And Brock said:
"the stable was like a temple".
I am sure he made the comparison because of the angels and he knows Angel Moroni (Nononi - in Brock speak) is on top of temples - but I wanted to be like:
"you are so spiritual, the stable was very holy - just like a temple."
hehe
**
This morning I also told Brock that I loved him and he said:
"Oh, um I love daddy."
Great... thanks Brock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Precious moments for sure. I love it! He's growing up so fast.
Wow! This made me start to tear up, what an amazing little boy! You're such a good mom for teaching him the gospel enough for him to make that connection!
Post a Comment