Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nursing

What does it take to keep this girl gaining weight?

All of this...

Some of you may know I have trouble keeping on weight when I am nursing. It turns out that I loose more weight and faster with each child. So with Megan being a preemie AND my third - my milk has seemed to turn to water. Nursing in important to me - so I need to bump up my protein and calories. I eat EVERYTHING I can and then I supplement with protein shakes, meal replacement bars, nutrition drinks, and I have to pump before I feed her so she just gets the hind milk.
We are doing good - she is bulking up.

8 comments:

Jess said...

She has a bow in her hair!! Love it! :)

Rosie said...

Wish I had your problem. =)

the taylors said...

wow that is a lot of food.

Sarah and Wes said...

Oh I so hope that nursing goes better for me the next time around! Maybe I wasn't eating enough.

Janice Richardson said...

A friend of mine swears by oatmeal. She also has a hard time making enough milk, but says she can tell a difference on the days she eats oatmeal. I don't know if there's any science to back that up, but it might be worth a try?

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I'm glad she is bulking up but i'm pretty sure no one is going to feel sorry for you and your weightloss..umm.. problem??:)Just kidding. That sure is a lot of protein though!

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

Can't say that I feel one bit sorry for ya on that one!

Megan Loves Life said...

You are a dedicated mom! Lucky, lucky Megan!