Michael and Brooke met last December. Michael was the Assistant Coach of the Brighton Sophomore Basketball team - and Brooke's older brother was the head coach. She came to watch her brother coach and well, the rest is history.
Michael is my little brother and the first boy in our family to get married. We have always been pretty protective and well... controlling of him, we had high expectations about the woman he was going to marry... and Brooke has exceeded them all! She is wonderful, we all have loved her since day one. She fits in perfectly with our family. You know it is right when everything is just so comfortable when they are there. She is so sweet to Michael and we couldn't be happier for them. It is so fun to see your little brother grow up. I felt like I watched him turn into a man on his mission, and now seeing him so naturally fall into the roll as husband, it has been wonderful to watch. Michael has always worked very hard at everything he has done, and has more dedication than anyone I have met.
I am grateful for the example they set for my children by being married in the temple. It was a beautiful day, with a beautiful bride, beautiful weather, beautiful decorations, beautiful flowers, and amazing friends and family to share it with. I am excited to watch them these next few years as they figure out this whole "marriage" thing - it is always more fun watching other people go through it, don't you think?
The whole day was actually quite a blur to me. All I could focus on was my four kids. Getting them everywhere, on time, in cute ironed clean clothes, hair combed, bows in, fed, rested, and happy - not to mention willing to smile and stand still for pictures. It was exhausting... and stressful. These pictures are just from the temple and luncheon. I will post some reception ones when we get them.
She is at that age where that bow will not stay in!
My mom and Michael.
1 comment:
A lot of good looking people in the photos!! Your kids look great.
Post a Comment