Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Noah and Madison's Birthday Party

We did Noah and Maddie's birthdays together this year.  That will probably be how we role from here on out.  Brock's and Megan's birthday's are 6 days apart and Noah and Maddie's are 15 days apart.  Then we are just doing 2 (family) parties a year. 
 
I had planned on throwing Noah a friend party (Brock had one when he was 4) - but Noah made it very clear that he just wanted a family party - for weeks I tried to convince him (I didn't want him to regret it the day after) - but he was certain he did not want one.  He actually only had 5 requests for his party 1)A Power Ranger cake, 2) A Power Ranger Pinata, 3)He wanted at least 10 people there 4)He wanted his second cousin Millie there and 5)He wanted Payton Bell there.  Sadly we could not make the last one happen - Payton lives in Idaho - sadly that was all Noah could really focus on - the fact that Payton couldn't come.  When people would say, "are you excited for your party?" Noah would say, "Payton can't come, he lives in Idaho".  We sent him an invitation anyways and Payton sent him a present - so he felt better.  Thanks!!
 
 
 The set up
 
Noah's cake
 
 
Maddie's cake
 
 Brock and Megan did NOT want to be left out.
 
 
Madison's presents.  I don't know how people with 7 or 8 (or 12) kids continue to buy presents for younger children.  There was not ONE thing on this earth that Madison needed or wanted that we did not already have (that she would enjoy now).  I hate buying stuff "just to buy stuff" - but that is kind of what you have to do eventually - just to make it all fair. 
 She got a few new books (most our favorite are torn), a purse, a fisher price piggy bank, and some clothes.
 
Noah got some Power Rangers (it is my kids' new thing - I actually HATE Power Rangers and can't wait for this phase to pass - I keep trying to go back to the classic super hero's I could tolerate them), and this huge castle.
 
This has been the best toy.  He loves, loves, loves it.  It is the first thing he does in the morning and the last thing before bed.  He plays for hours and hours straight.  It is perfect for his personality.  He is meticulous about where he puts his pieces and likes it all set up right.  I love watching him play with it.
 
 
Madison was not interested in blowing out the candle.  But Brock was SUPER nervous about her being that close to fire.  He held her hands down the whole time (he actually has quite a bit of anxiety over Madison and making sure she is safe)
 She did grab a handful of frosting.
 
 It took Noah about 6 blows to get all four candles. 
 
 My helpers!
 
Madison's first "junk" food.  She loved it!  She dove right in and licked it clean.  She liked the sugar more than any of my other kids.  As many of you know watching this put my stomach in knots - still.
 
Then we just talked and played
 
 
 and did the pinata.
 
Pictures - both were eating suckers - I don't know why we didn't just wait - you can't see any of their mouths. 
 
 
Happy birthday Noah and Maddie.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration. I love the castle Noah got. What a fun present! I hear you on the "what-to-get-your-one-year-old-when-you-already-have-the-toys-issue"! I have actually put some toys away that the boys have grown out of and will wrap those up for this baby boy when it's time for his 1st birthday and Christmas and such. Some I'll just pull out, but I think I'll save some as gifts. He doesn't know! I'm glad you had a good celebration for your kids. And I love that you can do the two birthdays together.

Holly Strong said...

All my boys go through the power rangers stage...if he wants to be one for Halloween I have at least 3costumes I can think of, maybe one will fit!!!!