Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine

I think I am a little bit Jehovah's Witness (a religion that doesn't believe in celebrating ANY holiday's or special events).  It turns out I have been ignoring most holiday's with my children, I never meant too, I had always PLANNED on doing fun activities, decorations, and crafts to celebrate and prepare for upcoming holidays; but in the last few years I have woken up on Valentines or St. Patrick's day and realized my kids had no idea it was a holiday.  At that point I have a decision to make: make a half @*$#! attempt (pardon my french) at the holiday, OR since my kids don't go to preschool, pretend it never existed and go ahead with our lives as usual.  Holidays take panning, work, and effort, things I HAVE, just don't want to use for holidays.  So the latter is always picked.
 
Well our past is... past.  Now that Brock is in Kindergarten all holidays must be celebrated and recognized and all the children want in of the fun.  Valentines in our house was HIGHLY anticipated this year.  They counted down everyday and on the 13th Noah woke up at 5:45, ran into our room and said, "mom, dad, tomorrow is Valentines" - I muttered to Jason, "I am in trouble tomorrow, I have no idea what they are expecting to happen, but I have a feeling they are going to be terribly disappointed."
 
Anyways, we had a good day.  We went to my mom's for a Valentines party with the grandchildren, gave out valentines to each other, made some valentines(glitter and all) for people, and frosted sugar cookies.  They are already counting down to St. Patrick's day.








 
Oh my, my, she just eats the frosting as fast as she can get it in her mouth.  She is like a crazed woman around this stuff, it was all I could do to keep her from drinking the sprinkles.


 
Noah's
 
Brock's
 
And Megan ate her's as fast as she made them.
 

No comments: