Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Girls

Some of these pictures are from over a year ago.  But I am just getting around to posting them.

After baths the girls watch a show on the computer while I do their hair.


Well over a year ago Madison became obsessed with Minnie Mouse.  One day we were playing in the toy isel at Target and I found Madison like this:

She didn't see me see her so I just sat and watched and listened.  She was talking to and with all her "friends".  She was having a very lively and endearing conversation with each of them.  She had found them all on a shelf and arranged them into this circle.  I am sure she felt like they were real - it was one of her most adorable moments.


The girls wanted a picture of them sleeping together.

I am excited (and a little scared) to see how their friendship grows and develops and changes over their lifetime.  Their friendship and relationship is very different than that of the boys.  The boys - while very different - are literally part of each other - they have a hard time being apart or not knowing what the other one is doing.  They share very little as far as interests, abilities, or talents go - but that has never seemed to mean anything to them.  They rarely fight and are never intentionally mean or hurtful to each other (or even tease each other).  The girls on the other hand love each other and are great friends - but their relationship is more volatile.  It seems that they get along when they have a shared interest or goal - but as soon as one wavers from that shared vision - they can be mean and spiteful.  I think that sharing a room will help with their friendship (they have been in their own room for about a year) - this summer we are going to get bunk beds and put them back in the same room.


No comments: