It feels a little overwhelming to try and make Christmas eve and Chrstmas day feel special and different with out any family around. I have such wonderful memories of my Chrsimtas eve's and Christmas day's as a child.
It satrted out perfectly with a prefectly timed package from grandma Hanna with some Christmas treats and a puzzle.
Then we went and volunteered at a retirement community (pictures from previous "Light the World" post)
Then we went home and cut out the sugar cookies we had made the day before.


Later, we frosted them. You might be asking yourself... where is Brock?
Brock is here.
He had a fine morning. Then around 1 Jason and he were watching football and Brock literally started crying - I asked him what was wrong and he said he was so hot. He was wearing an under-armor turtleneck shirt so I told him to go upstairs and change. He didn't come back down - after about 20 minutes Jason went upstairs to check on him and he was laying on his bedroom floor in his underwear almost asleep. So Jason lifted him into his bed. He slept from 1:30 - 8:00!!! It was insane. When he woke up at 8 he was feeling better - but went back to sleep at 8:30 and didn't wake up until morning. He woke up Christmas morning perfectly healthy and no one else got sick. It was a Christmas miracle!
For our Christmas dinner I decided to do a Sea Food extravaganza. My kids love sea food - especially shrimp. So I thought this would be a fun Christmas Eve tradition.
I made lobster tails, crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops, and a couple different kinds of shrimp. It was a hit. I was SO SAD that Brock missed it because he is our number one sea food eater.

Some more pictures from frosting cookies.











No comments:
Post a Comment