Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Summer days

This feels like a very important summer. My kids are at a perfect ages (6-10). Everyone can ride a 2 wheeler, swim in the deep end, clean a toilet, make their own lunch, read a chapter book, and enjoy a real hike.  Also - the boys still tend to want to hang with us and not just go hang out with friends all day.  I realized while washing my face tonight that this might be the last (and only) summer like this.

So in between my "catching up" posts and longer blog-worthy posts I want to just do a quick post of what we do all day. Because one day I won't remember how we spent our long summer days. This is not an all inclusive list.  There are a million little things of course and some days I will mention something that might happen everyday - but I felt like mentioning it that day (like make dinner).   I really hope to keep up with this.  I think it will be fun to look over in 20 years.  These seem to be noteworthy days.  Even now I wish I would have done it 5 years ago when they were 5 and under - now THOSE were noteworthy days!

Things that happen pretty much everyday: high 5 (get dressed, clean room, make bed, brush teeth, say prayers), breakfast, morning family scripture story and family prayer, jobs (2 a day except Monday is cleaning day where everyone has about 6 jobs and we clean for about 3 or 4 hours), school hour (we rotate 4 stations in 15 minute blocks where one of the stations I read with each child for 15 minutes), lunch, I make a snack with a child, screen time, dinner time, eat dinner, family scripture study, family prayers, bedtime.  

Saturday: 7:30 am baseball game. Mow lawn. Piano Lessons. Went fishing. Laundry. Baby shower.  Grocery Shopping.  Girls shower.

Sunday: 7:30 am Just serve meeting. Get ready for church (Jason is sick - he will stay home). 10:00 missionary meeting.  11:00 church (drove back home to get kids).  Church.  Made dinner (breakfast - it is a fast Sunday tradition).  Went to "pie night" (a get together for new people in the ward each quarter).

Monday: cleaning day. Kids played Ninjago in preschool. Brock went around neighborhood looking for a friend.  Rode bike to park with Finn and Zoe.  Baseball practice. Family home evening. 

Tuesday: hung out with Herbert cousins who spent the night on their way to California.  Kids ran around the neighborhood with neighborhood kids and rotated houses for about 2 hours (I did a little cleaning, made smoothy popsicles for the week with Brock and watched a little Netflix).  School hour.  Pool for 6 hours  (I sat on a lounge chair and read a whole book and took a nap).  Made dinner. Date night with Jason (West Wing and peanut butter M&M's)

Wednesday: chores. School hour. Brock tutor. Girls play date with Pailey at our house.  Noah play date at  David's.  Made granola bars with Maddie. Went to Home Depot with girls to buy flowers for garden. Planted flowers while girls and neighborhood girls played with fairy houses. Boys hung out with Finn. Scouts. Played slap jack with girls. Dinner

No comments: