Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Winter break

We had such a great winter break! It was pretty good weather, but it was mostly so great becasue it just seemed calm and peaceful. We did try to fit in a few fun things, too. One of the best things actually was that I seem to get to spend special alone time with each one of the kids. I didn't set out doing this but about four or five days in I realized that it was just happening naturally. It was really great to reconnect with each one and spend some together.

We did a lot of reading of Christmas books. Since I have my preschool I have tons and tons of Christmas books. And the kids just love reading them all through the whole month of December. One morning me and the girls are reading the Nutcracker in bed.

We also have a pseudo-tradition of reading The Worst Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  We don't read it every year - but we have read it probably 3 or 4 times.  We read it again this year, I would usually read it while everyone worked on the puzzle.


We went to dart wars 2 or 3 times. 



We went swimming a few times and Megan got to try out her new mermaid tail.

We did finish the puzzle

On New Years Day we got together at the church and played games with a few other families.




We played a lot of board games.  Risk mainly.  In the end Brock and Dad made an alliance and took out Noah.

Noah's face is the best in these pictures!




I am in the Primary Presidency now and I was in charge of getting birthday presents for the kids.  I found a great deal on some journals so we got these.
The book strap needed to be put around them though - so one afternoon the girls and I watched "The Parent Trap" (the new one - we had watched the old one about a year ago) and they helped me turn them all around.  I love that they are getting so big and able to help me with so many things.

I can't remember now what I did with each kid.  But I did take a picture of me and Megan going and getting a Frosty. 





No comments: