Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Conference

We love our conference weekend.  Dane thoroughly enjoyed "guess who's coming to dinner" - even the delivering part. 


Brock wanted his haircut for Homecoming (the night of conference) so in between sessions I cut all the boys' hair - including Danes.

This year's conference was a little rough.  Brock had a football game during the morning session and homecoming during the evening session and Madison had soccer during the afternoon session.  Jason did all of those so I was home managing conference and the babies - which proved to be very difficult.  I ended up giving up on listening to conference and just played with the babies.  That hurt my heart, and then I felt guilty for it hurting my heart because I really shouldn't love conference that much and OBVIOUSLY I can watch/listen/read it later and I should just focus on my kids, but my feelings got in the way and I couldn't feel the way I wanted to feel, it was a vicious cycle.  But then Jason came home from the activities with the kids and then they had to make up conference - so I was alone with the kids/babies again.  It was a difficult weekend - not because it was actually difficult but because it didn't match my expectations and I had a hard time adjusting and being flexible with my emotions. 
 

No comments: