First quarter just ended and I have finally wrapped up all of my children's Parent Teacher Conferences, IEP evaluations, and 504 evaluations. I feel the need to report my complete joy at the wonderful reports I got from their teachers. Every single meeting I attended the teachers praised my children. They all seem to be thriving. They all perform very differently at school and have their own set of strengths and weaknesses and over the years many of them have struggled with many different things. For years I would get in the car after parent teacher conferences and just cry. The stark difference this year was so obvious I needed to record it. My kids are happy in class. Social. Participate. Engaged. Inquisitive. Caring. Productive. Hard working. A light. The boys' teachers specifically pointed out that they are a "joy". I have no idea what it is really going to take emotionally to get these 4 kids through high school. From my vantage point right now it seems as though are hardest days are behind us (I have put in SO MUCH blood, sweat, and tears to get us here, I (we) have labored and worked and prayed, studied, researched and sacrificed) but I feel to say that I know things swing back around and there will be hard days, weeks, and years. There may be a year when all 4 are struggling and I am back in that car crying. But that too will swing back around and I need to remember years like this. We are building. It is messy. But we are headed in the right direction. I am so proud of my kids. The best thing about them is that they are good. They want to be good. They want to do what is right. They want to help. They want to be successful. I have come to find out this isn't true for everyone, and not everyone has that innate instinct. It has nothing to do with the parents. It is just inside of you. And all 4 of them have it. It has made parenting a joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment