Poor Eve! Poor sixth child. It’s only her second birthday and so far on both birthdays we have been traveling for her big day. I’m just not used to thinking about a summer birthday. Even though Madison‘s birthday is in August, we are already back in school by the time it’s her birthday. Both years I’ve decided to not celebrate her birthday while we are traveling and instead wait till we get home, and on both years by the time we get home and unpack and get into the swing of summer we forgot about her birthday. So we seem to celebrate her birthday sometime in late July . I assume I’ll have to get better as she gets older, or I would really just like to change her birthday. Ha ha, If I could change any birthday would be Dane's! But anyway back to Eve.
After much discussion with Eve we settled on a rainbow cake. She loved it! And she still does! Every time anyone says anything about a birthday or rainbow she tells everybody about how she had a rainbow cake for her birthday. The best thing in life lately is the fact that I have two wonderful girls who are great bakers and who enjoy doing it. They help me so much with baking their cakes and push me to do cool things. Like this year they really wanted me to make rainbow batter on the inside. I told them that I would if they would help me. And what I mean by help me is... they did it.
We had a small little party with the Weister’s and Neyenhuis’s. Krista and Marisa are Eves best friends. I am sad we don't have any pictures of her opening presents, but that wasn’t my job. She got a bubble lawn mower, a play phone and keys, and a doll high chair.
Some things about Eve at 2
- She is the cutest little talker. She is a parrot and with 5 older siblings she says the most ridiculous things. Like: ridiculous, "I'm frustrated", actually, and calls her siblings by her nick names.
- She loves her dad and her older siblings. She likes me fine and sometimes prefers me. But I am definitely her care taker and her dad and her siblings are her friends. One of our chores is "baby buddy" - this child is in charge of helping "extra" with the babies that week. She always loves her baby buddy and goes looking for them.
- She loves to swing in her swing on the porch, read books (her first favorite book as a toddler was 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear' (Jason taught her the words), color flap books, and Good Night Moon)
- She loves Dane. She has recently really started to play with him. They love to fight and be silly.
- She loves to sing songs. Her favorite songs are Down to the River to Pray, Bound for the Promise Land, Little Man Your Crying, and Give Said the Little Stream. She is so cute at library story time and is a music leaders dream, she sings all the songs and does all the actions with enthusiasm.
- She likes her baths "super cold"
- She likes to watch Daniel Tiger, play candyland (truth: she likes to say she wants to play candyland, but doesn't actually like to play), and color.
- She hated nursery more than any of my kids and cried for about 2 months, then (after teaching her to say "nursery, yay!) over and over she started loving it and now she loves it.
- She is potty trained. Pretty easy. Trained in 3 days, regressed for about 5 days, then has been fine, even for naps. She wears a diaper at night but wakes up dry 5 days a week.
- She is still in a crib, which is why she is in a diaper at night - that just seems fair.








No comments:
Post a Comment