Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Not camping but still having fun

Back in February Jason and I made reservations for our favorite camping site. We haven’t been there for a few years but we thought that we were ready to try a whole family camping trip with all eight of us. As luck would have it on the day we were supposed to leave for our trip there was a huge thunder and lightning storm predicted for the entire time we were camping. Our favorite campsite is right on the edge of this ridge, so we knew it wasn’t a good idea. Secretly I was kind of glad, the babies were going through a stage where they were whining about everything, especially clouds and wind and noise. They also weren’t sleeping great at night so I just couldn’t imagine how we were going to have fun camping. But we felt like we have to be willing to do hard things with the babies so the big kids still have a good childhood, so we were going to do it. 
Even though we canceled our trip we still wanted to take that time and do something fun, plus Jason had taken work off. We decided to try out the Denver Children’s Museum. We’ve lived here for nine years, including with very young children and we have never been to the Denver Children’s Museum! I can’t believe it, I feel like I have wasted the previous nine years. We have been back several times since this trip. It was great for all ages, I actually think it’s better for older children, it’s a little old for my young kids.
They have this amazing river/waterfall play area outside.

They have this weird outdoor obstacle course type thing. I still don’t really understand what it is.  It’s built with what seems to be recycled material or something like that. But it’s for older kids and they’re supposed to put helmets and harnesses on and walk around this outdoor adventure park. Jason went in with them and they all seem to really enjoy it



They have a woodworking area with real hammers and nails and saws and all sorts of things. I would say most of our older kids spent most of their time here making all sorts of things. They didn’t get to finish their project so they brought them home and want to go back and finish how you want what do you wanna get down

 
I was upstairs playing with the babies and I looked down over the balcony and saw these tv screens full of pictures of my girls playing with a camera.  It brought a smile to my face.


All of the boys seem to love the paper launching station the best. And I mean ALL my boys, all four of them.


Jason played in the bubble room with the babies for a while, and they loved it. Although Brock spent a considerable amount of time in the water room and seem to really get into all the different water activities. I really enjoy watching my older children enjoy activities like this.

 

No comments: