Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, December 30, 2022

Girls Camp

Megan went to Girls Camp for the first time this summer.  I will try to focus this on her and NOT MENTION how insanely jealous and sad I was that I wasn't going with her.  I am not sure exactly why the Lord has not had me work with the Young Women hardly at all since I was in Young Women's and for as much as I LOVE girls camp have not been in charge or attended a full week since I was myself a young woman (I went up for a day when I was pregnant with Madison).  I was so excited for her.  Excited for her to go up by herself without anyone in the family (for her sake I was glad I wasn't going), excited for her to camp, excited for her to feel the spirit of girls camp, excited for her to feel the spirit stronger than she probably ever had, and excited for her to bond with the girls in the ward.  We missed her greatly (she is my best observant helper and reader of my mood).  I am going to have her write the rest of  this post - because as mentioned... I wasn't  there.  She did, however come home and  tell me she cried at the testimony meeting.  Obviously.  :) 

Megan, Ace, Liesel, and Claire leave for girls camp

                   On the first day the leaders set up an embroidering station, and so for the                                                 rest of camp, when ever the girls had free time they would work on their                                                embroidering.
Christina and Molly made all the meals
All the girls played reverse Pictionary. Megan's team won, because they had the name "the hot chicks" ( Megan clams that ever since day one any team named "the hot chicks" has always wins.
this is after the skits.
this was after the lake day. it achally was raining all morning on the day that they were supposed to go to the lake, but after a lot of praying the clouds rolled away and the sun came out long enough for them to spend 2 hours at the lake. but as soon as they came back it started to rain not 30 minuets latter.
all of the leaders

this is Megan's skit. it was this 101 Dalmatians parody about a crazy fashionista called loco armadillo,(it was aftans camp name) and her quest for the blue(rubber)chicken.

this all the stuff they put together for smores. Megan did an interesting experiment with peeps, which apparently are really bad for smores, on the account all the surger just caramelizes and burns.

this is from the minuet to win it games. all the teams had to keep all the balloons pleased to each other with out popping, and win a race. (Megan's team won because they were the Hot Chicks again)



this is anna, Leisele, and Claire. they were best friends entail anna moved right after girls camp. now it is just Claire and leisele

this is the polar plunge. at 5 in the morning all the girls who wanted to had to wake up, put on there swim suits, and jump in to the freezing cold lake ( the girls called it the medium-sized-pond.)
the tents.



 

No comments: