About a year and a half to 2 years ago I gave all the kids "life jobs", things that I just couldn't handle anymore. I can't remember the 4 things I gave to everyone, I am sure I have a list somewhere. But basically nobody did them... except Megan. Her job was managing the library. My children were (and still are) checking out upwards of 50 books a week. Sometimes more than 100 are on hold. They are always on different schedules and books are needing to be put on hold, picked up from hold, renewed, found, and/or turned back in. When I was managing it holds often expired and we often had fines. Megan took it on and ran with it. She has managed it beautifully. I have not had to think about the library in 2 years and we have had almost no fines. When she can't get a ride to the library she rides her bike. She manages the WHOLE families books. I can't even put into words how grateful I am for her. She truly lightened my load, I would have probably had to "call off" the library by now. Just the thought of it gives me anxiety. This is a picture of the books she picked up off of hold today. It is a fairly small stack, however, she will likely go back 2 more times in the week and get stacks just like this.
(some other jobs were: going through, editing, deleting, downloading, and categorizing pictures and videos off of my phone, helping with my blog and blog books, family history projects and printing names for the temple, and.... I can't remember the last one.
No comments:
Post a Comment