We went to Utah for Thanksgiving. This year, however, we had the wonderful privilege of staying almost the whole time at Jason's parent's house with some family members. Due to Covid and Randy's cancer we have not had a Holiday or family get together at their house for about 3 or 4 years. It was DELIGHTFUL and just what we all needed. Debby is a wonderful grandmother and my mother heart could not wait for Dane and Eve to get to spend time with her, in her home. They are planning on moving to Arkansas this summer, and I can hardly think about it without crying. I desperately don't want them to go, but that is selfish I know. So I am so so so glad we got to go for Thanksgiving.
One thing we can count on with Grandma Herbert - treats! and wonderful food. Dane was in heaven. She can't just give you ice cream, she keep asking, "want sprinkles?" "want whipped cream?" "want chocolate sauce?" Dane didn't even know those were options!
We all had non stop desserts. Maddie took a picture of her picture perfect ice cream cone.
We had a lot of nintendo time. Which was fine because at least they were doing it together.
And uncle Travis came over to show Brock a "better way". Brock was floored! I love when other adults teach my kids. It warmed my heart.
We had some sickness issues. Funny, it was SUCH A BIG DEAL while we were there, but I actually forgot all about it until I saw this picture and started writing about it. I don't want to go into all of the details or emotions, but sufficeth to say Debby and Randy hadn't considered that some of their house guests might come sick or get sick while there. In Price Canyon Eve started coughing, a lot, and telling us "I'm sick". By the time we got there it was clear she was sick. They weren't comfortable with having her stay there so Jason took her to my parents house for 3 days until she got better. Why Jason? you may ask (we switched parent's houses). I really wanted to stay and be with Janina. Plain and simple. Well... while they were gone Brock fell sick. At this point Debby realized she can't control all of it and we confined Brock to his room for 2 days, which was fine because when Brock is sick he sleeps it off. Literally. He will sleep for 48 hours straight.
Janina took a picture of me playing "Spiderman" with the littles. That is why I am making a mean face. I am Doc Oct trying to steal the power source.
No comments:
Post a Comment