Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, June 23, 2025

Cruise: Part 2


Our next port was Nassau, Bahama's.  Everyone decided they wanted to get off to explore the city.  We didn't do much or stay too long.  Most just wanted to "check it out" and get a souvenir.  



We walked a few streets then went to the "straw market".  Brock really got into the haggling and bought this hat, he also helped some of his siblings in their purchases.   We learned a little more about our kids' personalities when it came to buying and haggling.  



After the straw market everyone headed back to the boat except for me and Maddie, we wanted to find a beach and hang out for a bit.

We didn't want to pay for a cab so we walked about a mile or so to the closest beach.  It was a cloudy day and it wasn't too busy.  

I am always so glad to have someone who will come with me on adventures and want to do stuff.  Having teenagers has been such a blessing in my life and has reawakened parts of myself that sort of got put on the back burner during the "young child" years.  
Maddie and I spent some time trying to get some cool pictures.  













As mentioned before we didn't do any forced activity except for the dinners every night - expect one - the water show.  At first they wall wanted to go, so it seemed easy to say "lets all go together", but when it came time to go Brock and Maddie had other plans with kids they met on the boat, so they were not happy to be there.  But I think they ended up liking it.  



Some pictures of the kids that I took as I would walk around the boat and randomly see them.  I was sad not to get any of Noah in his hot tub.  He would sit in hot tubs and talk to people as they got in and out or listen to them talk to each other.  He loved it. 

Brock played a lot of volleyball and any sport competition offered.  

Maddie made some friends and really enjoyed all the things they did together.

Megan read, went to ta cupcake decorating class, and a few other shows. 







Formal night.  I told them dressing up was not mandatory - so only Megan and I did it.  
On the way home we spent a night a Matt and Janina's, it was nice to see their house and spend some time with them.  Janina and I stayed up until 4 in the morning driving around talking, it was perfect!
Then the amazing Jason drove us the 30 hours home.  He is unbelievable and I am so grateful for him.  We had such a great time.  We didn't have any issues on the way home and then I got home and flew out to Utah picked up Dane and Eve and we drove back to Denver.   

 

No comments: