Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bathtime Baby



He loves to stand up in the tub! He often slips and falls and goes under the water. He does not love that so much.
***
**update -I posted this yesterday (Tuesday). When he takes a bath I have always been right there holding on to him to make sure he does not fall (like in the picture). He has never really "played" or enjoyed the tub, he just sat there, and tried to stand up. But today I needed to get ready and give him a bath at the same time. So I set him in the tub and got ready (Don't worry I was in the bathroom watching him), but he had SO MUCH FUN without mom right there. He would go on his stomach and crawl to toys and roll around in the water. It was so funny to see. He NEVER played when I was there. It feels good to be able to "let go" and know that he is happy and wants to be independent.

5 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

awwww, way to go! That story made me happy! :) know that 2 people in CA love you and Jason (and Brock!)

Janina Herbert said...

haha, (in response to your comment on my post - thank you, btw!): i guess it could count as a date. although most of the time we order it to-go, and then matt just eats and leaves, so we really only see eachother for about 15 or 20 minutes :P still, that's better than not seeing eachother at all! :) love and miss you, too!

Skyler said...

Payton decided he wanted to run in the tub -- he tries to slip on purpose because he thinks it's funny. He did this over and over one day, then took a spill that scared him a little (although he was OK, just a harder fall than usual) and so he knocked it off. Thank goodness!

Emily said...

I love you! I miss you. Your child is beautiful, and you are such a good mom. It is so evident in everything you say and do, and in all the smiles on Brock's face. When we move back to Provo in 90 days, we will rendezvous! Then Brock will be about a year old. Is that crazy to you?

Rosie said...

too cute Jamie! How do you know Lauren Barnes? =) I'm adding a link to your blog on mine! Check it out... its thethornock.blogspot.com.