Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Dan Cook would do it!"

So a little background. Dan and Jamie Cook are a SUPER CUTE couple that used to be in our BYU ward until they moved to California. A few weeks ago on her blog she told a story about how she lost her keys and her husband, Dan, searched through their dumpster to find her keys. To read the whole story here is the link. (I could not figure out how to just type the word "here" and have it link - sorry)
*******
*******
Our story:
So my mom gave me a gift card to Cafe Rio, which is basically gold in my world. The next day I realized I never put it in my wallet, I glanced around the apartment for the card it was in, I figured I had left it in the card. I asked Jason where the card was, he said he threw it away, I told him the gift card was still in it. We check the garbage, but it had already been taken out to the dumpster.
**
I asked him to go out and search the dumpster, he said, "No way!" I immediately blurted out "Dan Cook would do it!" He looked at me like I was insane and we both started laughing hysterically. He hadn't read the blog - so he thought it came out of no where and was like "What did you say? Is that supposed to make me go out to the dumpster?" I told him about the blog. I don't know if he didn't want to be shown up by Dan or if he was just being nice - but at 10:45 at night, while it was snowing, he went out to the dumpster and searched for the card. He came back without the card. He said it was probably just in my wallet, I went to grab my wallet to show him it was not in there. When I grabbed my wallet I saw it sitting at the bottom of my purse. OOPS :(

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Hilarious! I'm glad you found your card.

Janina Herbert said...

hahahaha! oh, jamie! Well, atleast you now know you have a husband who's willing to do practically anything for you! :) (And you still have your Cafe Rio gift card! :) love ya!

Karen said...

I have just about died laughing...sorry, Jason!:) That is too funny. I'm glad you still have your card and Jason, I'm sorry you had to suffer the elements (moldy, gross garbage included).

Jamie said...

I am laughing hysterically right now! Can't wait to tell Dan this story... So, Jason might be a better man than Dan since it was sunny sixty degree weather when he went dumpster diving and not freezing cold and snowing! P.S. Little Brock is such a hunk!

Skyler said...

Funniest thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

Emily said...

Ha! I love it! What a great husband to jump through such hoops...er...dumpsters...for you! That's true love. And reality.

C Smoot said...

Just thought I would say, "TAG YOU'RE IT!" There's a new post on my blog called I've been tagged. And now you're it. Have fun!