After
(repeat)
(these are models - obviously)
So I pose a question to all women (especially those who have had a child or two), is it worth it to re-do your wardrobe every pregnancy cycle?
Today during the conference break I got out all my maternity clothes, and packed away all my "normal" clothes, and I felt like, "Didn't I just pack these away?" and "I am just going to pack them away again in a few months." The most prominent example of the frustrations are my "under clothing". I wore maternity last year, and than for the past year I have been wearing nursing, and then last Tuesday I stopped nursing and FINALLY got to wear "normal" ones again, and then today I got out my maternity again because I can't keep them tucked in! And this cycle will just repeat for the next 5 or more years! Is it worth it? And the same with Bra's, between nursing, pregnancy, and non pregnancy my size fluctuates about 2 or 3 cups, how many different size bra's does a girl need to buy??
And when I ask, is it worth it? I am not asking is pregnancy and children worth it? Because the answer is obviously yes, I am asking is the constant switching worth it? I don't have dresser space or closet space to keep both out, but I think I might as well purchase an extra dresser and just keep nursing/maternity clothes in it year round, and that way I am always ready, and don't have to spend 1 day a year packing maternity clothes away, and another whole day a few months later getting them all out again.
Many of you might be thinking, easy solution..."Don't get pregnant a few months later!" And my answer to that is... ?? "I don't need to explain my life :)" Plus I love being pregnant, I love my maternity clothes, and I love being a mom, so I don't see a down side. (except for the above rant)
.jpg)


3 comments:
I just got mine out this week too! I don't wear nursing under clothes, I think they pull down easily enough. For some reason my bra fits no matter how engorged I am. So there's two things you could try to just go middle ground on... So you stopped nursing?!? How's it going? You know, I'm just going to call you, this comment could get rather long! :)
i get some new clothes and i just get new clothes, but i switch them in an dout, yeah it is annoying, but i get the space saver bags where you suck the air out ya know? but i think that it is annoying cuz i do the same thing..... it willcalm down eventually.... someday. :)
I hear ya... not that I'm busting out my maternity clothes again very soon, but on the bras... I just stopped nursing and while I have 3 different sizes of bras already, none of them actually fit and now that I have post-nursing bossoms, its time for a few new, better fitting bras again. I think it may never end. =) Might be worth it to pick up a cheap dresser (Kmart sometimes has them for $30). Its not like it wouldn't go to good use as a kids dresser when you're all done with your maternity clothes. =)
Post a Comment