Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Quick update

So I have been anticipating this post for a while... but now that I am finally able to post about it, I haven't. I just haven't had the words, and it was so anti-climactic that it just did not seem worth it. But here it goes.

For those of you who don't really know what has been going on the past few months - here are the main points.

  • Jason graduated in December
  • He applied to medical school but did not get in
  • He has decided to not reapply
  • He has been looking for a job since December (huge family trial)
  • He got a job and started last Monday (huge family blessing)

  • I had my graduation exit interview on Thursday and as soon as I finish my independent study math class I am graduated!
  • I am still working from home (HUGE family blessing)
  • I was released from my RS calling (second counselor in the RS presidency)

  • Brock loved having BOTH his parents home ALL day for 4 months
  • Brock is having a hard time adjusting to just mom being at home and not getting whatever he needs/wants whenever he needs/wants it.
  • Brock turned 1 last week

  • We have been incredibly blessed by the Lord these last few months - and strongly feel like we are doing what we should be doing (despite it wasn't what we THOUGHT we should be doing)
  • We are here in Provo for a few more months (arg), hopefully until we save enough for a down payment on a house (maybe August?!?)

I know many of these points deserve much more detail/feelings/pictures, many of them I will do posts on later. I just wanted to get all that info out there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie and Jason,
I'm just working late tonight and it's gotten kind of slow and I saw the link to your blog. I'm so glad that things are going well for you both. You are wonderful examples and deserve the best! I hope we see you guys before you move from Provo. We're moving back to Provo this month!

Stay in touch,

Kevin (and Emily) Bailey

Janina Herbert said...

WOW! I am soooo happy for you guys - SO MANY BLESSINGS! :):) I'm so glad you posted all of this stuff, because this morning I woke up (this is really random) and I thought "I should call Jamie and just see how she's doing." And you must've read my mind, because then you posted all of these wonderful updates! :) I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH! (and Brock, too, of course :) Which reminds me....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO BROCK! Ok, I need you to know that I work in the temple Tuesday afternoons-and-evenings, and I went straight from work to the temple that day, but while I was in the temple, I called Matt to ask him to call you to wish Brock a happy birthday....but he got SO stressed/busy at work that he didn't have a sec to call....so, we're sorry we didn't call :(:( But! we WERE thinking of Brock that WHOLE day (and the whole week prior, so we wouldn't forget to call him on his birthday! :P) wow, this is a long comment! well, we love and miss you guys! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN on ALLL your many blessings!

I am Laura said...

Sorry about medical school. so hard. Just to let you know I will not allow my children to go to medical school --tough road in life. good luck with the new job and maybe buying a house. Fun things in your future.

Lauren said...

Congrats on Jason finding a new job! What kind of job do you have that you get to do from home? :-)

AlliSMiles said...

hey jamie,

i don't know if you've started looking for homes yet, but when you're ready, my mom is a realtor in salt lake and has a knack for finding the cutest places. i WISH we were in the market right now! let me know! her email address is standoc10@comcast.net and her name is joye.

congrats on the second baby. brock is adorable.

alli (shiozawa) miles
ashiozawamiles@gmail.com