Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day




Today, on Father's Day, I would like to say what a great father Jason is. When Jason and I got married we pretty much knew everything about each other, marriage was not an adjustment for us, nor were there many surprises. The only thing that I can honestly say that I did not know about Jason was what a good father he would be. I don't think he even really knew how great he would be - even up until moments before Brock was born.


But the second Brock was born, Jason took one look at him and took COMPLETE ownership. He was like, "This is my son, and I will take care of him." and he has. Anyone who was at the hospital that day noticed how he cared for Brock, he wasn't letting anyone hold him, he just walked around and showed him, he NEVER wanted to put him down. It doesn't take long for anyone who is with us to see that Jason knows, understands, and is in love with Brock. He truly understands him on a deeper level than anyone else does (including me). They instantly had a bond. Brock is HIS son, and he acts like it. Jason's main priority is making sure that he is getting the best care and is comfortable (well, main priority after he makes sure I am ok :).

On the day of Brock's birth I took a nap and woke up to Jason reading Brock the scriptures (Old Testament, Jason's favorite), I did not let them know I was awake, I just sat there and listened to Jason teach Brock from the scriptures, he has done it everyday since. It has been wonderful to watch.


Jason is constantly "taking care" of things around the house for Brock. He always refills his sippy cup and milk cup after he drinks it, same with his snack cup. He refills the wipes and diaper trays every time they are getting low, he packs and unpacks the diaper bag every time we go somewhere (even if Jason isn't coming), he turns down Brock's covers every night before he goes to bed so it will be easy for me to just set him in there. I have never had to do any of these things, I just always know they will be done.


I remember someone in Young Women's telling us to marry someone that we know could raise our kids the way we wanted if we happen to die. At the time I did not think that was practical, no man could really raise kids like a woman could. I put that advice on the back burner, but now I realize I followed that advice. I trust Jason 100% to raise our children without me. He would do a fabulous job, and I would not even think twice about their well being.

I am so grateful for all that he does for us, and just wanted to publicly say how wonderful he is and how much we love and appreciate him. Thank you Jason, Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

the taylors said...

hey jamie wanted to let you know i caved in and started a blog it is trinaandsteve.blogspot.com obviously. it was great to see you at the reunion.

Mark and Natalie said...

Hey Jamie. This is Natalie Done. I think that Katrina and I had the same idea. I saw your link off of Ali Hansen's and just wanted to say hi. It was so nice to see you at the reunion (your hair looked so cute)!