So this post is not coming in the format I was planning on - but here it is.
For those of you who don't know I got hair extensions 2 weeks ago (22 inches - that is about to my pant line). I was planning on taking pictures and posting them the day I got the extensions - but it did not work out that way. They have been such a pain - I must have got a bad batch of hair (because my neighbor got extensions the same day and hers are BEAUTIFUL!), so I never even took a picture of me with long hair because I never felt like they looked good. I am taking them out this weekend and we are going to try again in the winter (when I am not pregnant and irritated).
Anyways...
I have never had long hair - it has always been to about my chin, so I have learned some things since having long hair that I would like to share with the world.
1 - When did washing my hair become an event? I never understood why people with long hair did not wash their hair everyday, or why the would say, "arg, I have to wash my hair tonight", but it really is an EVENT, that must be planned in advance.
2 - along with #1 - it effects your daily plans - I did not take Brock swimming one day because I had just washed my hair that morning and did not want to have to do it again.
3 - After your shower you can ring about a gallon of water out of your hair - I would recommend doing that IN the shower, this did not occur to me the first shower I took.
4 - You have to buy a hair brush and actually brush your hair - this is also an event that must be planned. "arg, I have to go brush my hair." And you have to start at the bottom and work your way up! That is not how people brush their hair on TV!
5 - Every time you sit - you have to move your hair
6 - Every time you put a shirt, bra, underclothing, etc on you have to pull your hair out - ANNOYING!
7 - You find hair EVERYWHERE! I never had hair in my drain or bathroom floor - now it is not only there - but on the couch, bed, in the car - everywhere!
8 - When you put clothes on after a shower your clothes get wet from touching your hair!
9 - You feel a little bit like an "elitist" to people with short hair. "That's right I have long beautiful hair - ha!" (although mine wasn't very beautiful)
10 - It is so hot - especially at night - which is a whole other story - so uncomfortable.
Now I know many of you are thinking, "didn't she know that." But most of you reading this have had some sort of long hair in the past - I NEVER HAD - it truly is a whole other culture. I am sad to take them out, but am excited to be done (mostly because of the heat) and am excited to get them again in the fall when they are prettier and I can enjoy them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My hair is so long right now. I have always been like you -- short hair, but ever since having James I haven't had time to get my hair cut. I think I have twice so because of this I have long hair. It isn't so bad. Maybe it is hotter, heaver, keeps more water in it = if it is not your own. I don't feel I look better than short haired people in fact it is quiet the opposite I feel like I need a haircut and have no style.
I couldn't help but laugh at this and smile. It's a pain to have long hair sometimes- especially during the summer. I just cut mine to right below my shoulders which is really short to me. It's been nice to actually put it in a pony tail and not have it cover my neck, or pull it out of my clothing while getting dressed, or use as much hair product, etc..... :-D
Hee hee!!!! I got such a laugh out of reading this post, I love it! I'm so glad that you discovered all these things. Although, I must admit that I take most of them for granted now. I don't really think it's a pain because I'm used to it. The wet hair on the back IS annoying, and my plans HAVE changed because I didn't want to have to wash it again--not to mention I don't want it to dry out. Anyway, I am very mad that you didn't take a picture of it, and I expect pictures this winter. Also, how are things going in the new ward?
I remember ýou had longish hair once... when you moved into the 169th ward (or when I did... we were both new enough) it was longish... like shoulder length? Didn't zou find hair everywhere then? Thats about as long as I keep my hair (it really doesn't look good longer and I'm look cheap to buy extensions) and I find hair EVERYWHERE!!!
Post a Comment