Remember when you used to have intelligent conversations with people that did not have to do with your kids, your spouse, or what you are making for dinner? It seems like a lifetime ago - and I am only 1 child into "mommy-hood". Yesterday I was at a party for my friend Ashley when I said to her (and all other mother's there), "Red had a problem yesterday!" Unfortunately she (and all other moms) knew exactly what I was talking about and a conversation ensued about Red's "super big problem".*Background note: "Super Why" is a children's TV show on PBS. Everyday one of the characters has a "super big problem" that must be fixed. Alpha Pig has most of the problems - but it has been noticed that Wonder Red (the girl with the braids) never has a problem. Well on Monday Red had a problem (her grandma would not let her into her house because her shoes were muddy).
A few moments after I had made the comment I had realized that that was my exciting news for the day, "Red had a problem". Oh well, as hard as I try to stay on top of current events, politics, and anything else actually WORTH talking about, I will probably end up talking about my kids, my husband, and what I am making for dinner - but for the record, there was a time, in my past, that I was interesting and had never heard of "Super Why".
No comments:
Post a Comment