Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, September 19, 2008

First few days alone

Jason went back to work this week- so I am now officially a mother of two. I have been by myself for 2 days now and they have been great - I have not had one problem and I have not felt overwhelmed. The first day we just stayed at the house trying to get a routine down - and then today we went to the duck pond for our activity.

Having two children is great, I actually feel different - I feel like a real mom - and I bet it is only going to get better. I feel so blessed and happy - today Brock, Noah, and I were all on the living room floor reading some books and I just thought, "I never thought I could be so happy or have so much love in my heart." I love being a mother and love Brock and Noah more than I ever thought possible - I would NEVER want to do anything else.

On a side note: I wanted to give a report on the Moby wrap for those of you who are considering it - I don't have much to say yet - I have only used it twice - but they both went well. Brock would have loved it because he liked to be swaddled tight - But Noah would rather stretch and be free - so he just cried the first few times I put him in it - but he seems to have gotten used to it. Right now I worry about him not being able to breath - so I am constantly checking and readjusting - but it just might be that I am paranoid. I will let you know as my opinion changes - but for now I would say that it is "ok" (although I already like it better than a Snuggly - I could not have put Noah in one yet - it definitely supports his head better).

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are inspiring, Jamie!! It's great to hear that the adjustment is going so well.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

How awesome Jamie! We are excited to have more children as well, we love being parents. We are convinced that there truly is no greater joy than raising beautiful children! By the way, I'm pretty sure you got highlights in your hair and I'm pretty sure they look fabulous! :)