- We moved in with my parents until we close on a house (originally it was supposed to be February 23) - but the house fell through - so now we are trying to hurry and find another one.
- This housing thing is hard... when to settle... when to be picky... how am I supposed to know?!? We have put an offer on 4 houses. We have one currently that we are supposed to find out on Tuesday if we get it. We REALLY need to get it - I am at my breaking point. (um... did I REALLY just complain about looking for houses, if I would have read this on someone elses blog 2 months ago I would have been sick, "oh - you poor thing, having a hard time buying a house" how easily we go from one complaint (we have no job, no house, a baby on the way, no money, etc) to another. I think I need a lesson in gratitude!)
- Noah went to nursery for the first time last week. He did great! I have had a child with me for almost 3 years straight in church (and for 3 months I had both of them) (For those of you wondering if the church has ever made a statement about how far apart your children should be... they haven't, but they give you a STRONG hint by not letting them go to nursery until they are 18 months...so... :) Now I have about 10 weeks to soak up every gospel doctrine lesson and RS lesson until I am back in the mothers lounge - I have big plans for my spiritual growth :) (I am pretty sure I just ensured that my next calling will be nursery or primary... right?? Crap)
- Brock is sleeping in a "big boy bed". He has been for almost 2 weeks now. He has been 100% perfect. Since the very first time he got put in his bed he has NEVER gotten out. I don't know why I am surprised, he is very obedient and easy - I just keep thinking one day he is going to HAVE to defy us and be normal 2 year old. Not yet I guess.
- Jason LOVES his job. And they LOVE him. His boss called me today just to tell me how much they love him and what a great job he was doing and thanking me for supporting him in his work. (I do know his boss, so it wasn't totally strange, but still...) (*For any of you NET people - Jason is working with Don)
- UM... I went to the doctors yesterday and I had to make my next appointment and they told me it was in TWO WEEKS. I about died, I argued with them, I told them that if I started coming every two weeks that meant I was going to have my baby soon, and I was sure I still had 6 months to a year before my baby was born. They politely told me that I was in my third trimester and I should probably start mentally preparing to have this baby. I lost the battle and scheduled my next appointment for 2 weeks.
- I am excited about the baby. It is just that I was not expecting to still be at my patents - we just took the bare basics here and put the rest in storage. There is NOTHING I can do to prepare for this baby. So I just have to pretend that the due date is far away and we will definitely be in a house before she comes.
- People see me with 2 young toddlers and a pregnant belly and they look at me like I am crazy or pathetic - I am not sure which one. I don't feel that way at all. I am nothing but excited and feel very blessed. I think my life is pretty wonderful.
- Someone asked me, for the first time, the other day if Brock and Noah were twins. I will probably start getting that more and more as they become closer to the same height. There is not a lot of physical difference between a 2 and 3 year old.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
A few quick facts - in case you were wondering
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Jamie. Don't feel guilty about being stressed/having a hard time with the whole house-hunting thing. Two of the hardest times of my life occurred largely because of that very thing. It is not the dream experience most people think of, and affects all the other areas of your life.
And doesn't it always seem like you're moving or painting or roughing it or switching jobs or all of the above right when it's time for a baby?! What's up with that?
house-hunting and the home-buying process is hard. We're so there with you. The right house will come and your offer will get accepted and things will be okay. I know where you're at. =) Sending accept-their-offer vibes your way...
Every 2 weeks? Isn't that only for the last month? I thought you were due in May?
I'm so excited for you Jamie! You're blog is so fun to read=)
Post a Comment