Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Growing up

Megan is entering my FAVORITE stage of childhood (so far) - ages 14 - 24 months, they are the best! Their little personality is coming out, they are so silly, and just love you. I always feel like these little toddlers are my best friend at this stage. The sad part is that they are growing up - bitter-sweet, of course. Yesterday I took a look at Megan's hair and thought - "I wonder if it could fit pig tails yet" - surprisingly it did. Not very cutely yet - but they did fit. Later on I put in a pony tail thing on one side, and it looked much better (you will see that in the next post).

She also now knows what the camera is - and is such a ham. When ever it gets out she just sits and smiles at it. I also love this stage because they seem to get smarter and smarter everyday. This girl hair thing is new to me - its kind of stressing me out. Previously I have just put a bow clip in her hair - no struggle, no pain, no tears. But these pig tails and pony tails are hard - and I am not totally sure what I am doing - so we both struggle and fight - she crys and yells - and I feel terrible. I think that is why maybe moms and daughters have a different relationship than moms and sons. We cause our daughters great pain and anguish everyday just so they "look cute". We don't do that to our boys. We just think they are cute after easily running a comb through their hair.



Megan loves to read books. She actually loves it the most by herself. She will read with you for about 5 minutes - then she just wants to read by herself. She turns the pages (which my boys did) but she also "play reads" (which my boys didn't) - it is the cutest thing Jason and I have ever seen. She is starting to talk a lot - no one but her parents would understand her - actually Jason understands her better than me - he is just in tune with the kids at this stage better than I am. She says, water, cracker, dad, Brock. (wa-wa, cra-ka, daddy, Brockie)


And this girl can EAT. I know this stage well - each of my boys went through this stage at this exact age, I am sure it is common across the board. If I let her sit in her high chair all day and just kept giving her food - she would happily eat ALL DAY LONG. She is funny though because she has to have variety. If she ate it for lunch - she will not eat it for dinner or for lunch the next day. If she had animal crackers already that day, and you give them to her again - she will actually throw them back at you. Coming up with meals and snacks have proven to be a challenge, since she is a bottomless pit that wants a ton of variety - not good for a budget. The funniest part is she will not be happy with her meal until she gets something green. She will yell at you until we put peas, green beans, asparagus, or lima beans on her plate - and then she downs them first.

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a cute girl! I love this stage, too.

The Bell Bunch said...

It hard to believe that almost a year has passed since she was born. So cute!
P.S. I can't believe you comb your boys hair? (:

The Halls said...

I just read all of your confessions, along the side. Thanks for the laughs. Love ya!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I love the pigtails! I won't have to deal with the hair issues for a while it seems :) She is so cute and I love this stage as well. Both of my kids have been big eaters too. They can both out eat me!