Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Day out with Thomas

You may remember back in April when Jason's sister, Kasey, came to visit.  She was here for both Megan and Brock's birthdays - so she got them both awesome presents - she felt bad for Noah - so she got him the best present of all!!  Day out with Thomas!!

Noah loves trains - especially Thomas.  I decided to take this opportunity to go alone with Noah - a special date.  Because of napping/sleeping schedules I get uninterrupted alone time with Brock and Megan everyday - but not Noah.  I have to just seek it out, but it is often interrupted with needs of another child.  I try to have special days/activities just with Noah to try and compensate.

This day was pure bliss - for both me and him.  One of the things I love most about Noah is that he knows pure joy - and shows it all over his face.  It is so easy to make him happy, and its not just happy, you can tell that it is joy.  He gets this huge smile that lights up his whole body.  The best way to see it is to give the kid an ice cream cone.  On this day it was almost the whole time.  From the moment we were in the car and I told him where we were going - his face lit up and he smiled the whole way up to Heber.  It was wonderful.
We met Sir Topamhat - he was SO EXCITED!  

 And rode Annie and Claribel


And sat on a patch of grass and watched Thomas pull in and out of the station for about an hour and a half.  One of the best things about the day is that we just got to go at Noah's pace.  Noah likes to doddle and wander.  He just likes to go slow, look at everything, and kind of talk and sing to himself and be silly along the way.  Basically he is me as a child - so I have compassion on him.  I try to let him wander and doddle as much as possible - but realistically it just can't happen that much.  So when it is just me and him I make it a POINT to never say, "hurry up", or "come on" or "this way" - we just do what he wants to do at the pace he wants to do it - which is SO SLOW!

 It was great weather, Noah was so happy to see Thomas and ride on a train, and I was in HEAVEN spending the whole day with my two year old!  I love two year olds.

Then... to make things even better - the very next day Jason's mom and dad took the whole family!  This worked out perfect because the second we left Noah wanted to go again and as soon as Brock found out where we had gone he of course wanted to go.  So I could say, "well.. guess what? We are going tomorrow!"  Put an end to all that whining right then and there.

Noah actually woke up in the morning and yelled from his room, "I am ready to ride Annie and Claribel".  It was so cute.

The day was great - although is was about 3 times as crowded (a Saturday will do that).  But the boys enjoyed it just as much - plus they got their grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousin with them!
 They were NOT into taking pictures - I dont' think I got a good one all day.  Here they are with Grandpa Herbert.
 Brock with his cheesy smile

The fam on the train

Noah rode with Grandpa 


And Brock with Jason 

 Our nephew Aaron - he looked out the window like this almost the whole time - it was so precious!

And of course - Sir Topamhat



Noah then spent the rest of the day playing with the Thomas train set.  Me and the other mom's kept commenting about how we had no idea why our children wanted to play (fight) with a million other kids when they all have a train set at home. 
I know I have mentioned this before but I love the way Noah plays with toys - so much focus, concentration, and passion.  The whole world around him just shuts out and he is in his own little bubble.  I sat and watched him the whole hour.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Kasey for the day with My Noah, Jason's parents for a fun family  trip, and my mom for watching Brock and Megan all day so I could go with Noah.  It was all wonderful!

2 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

Haha, when I read the title of this post the FIRST thing I thought was "Oh no! I hope there's not a picture of me and my grumpy face on that day!" hahaha. So THANK YOU for including a picture of Aaron - but not me ;) Now I can relax :) Looking back on that day, I remember it was fun for Aaron...but stressful for me. And this is why I have one child :P

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome. I'm glad Noah enjoyed his present as much as I know the other children enjoy theirs.