Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cake

Our boys have their first inside joke.  Cake.  We are not sure why or how (we have our theories) - but the word "cake" is hilarious to our boys.  We will just be sitting there - doing nothing (driving, eating, watching a show, playing) and one of the boys will just say, "cake" and they both bust up laughing.

They will also sing songs and put the word cake in it - "twinkle, twinkle little... cake".  They think that are so funny - they laugh and laugh.  This has started to make them seem like real people.  To be silly they will call people cake.  "Good morning... cake" (instead of mom).

I like to get in on the action.  When they are not listening or focusing or things just need to be livened up - I will say something silly about cake.  They think  I am pretty funny.  I am sure if they were older they would think I am lame for trying to be on the inside of an inside joke - but they are young and they think I am pretty cool when I say, "row, row, row your... cake".

Theories to how it started:
Jason's:
Jason was teaching the kids how to say knock knock jokes.  Noah did one and when Brock said, "who is there?" Noah said, "cake".  They both laughed and laughed and ever since then the word "cake" is funny.

Mine:
Jason story is true - but I think  Noah's answer for "cake" came from somewhere.  They both like the show "Word World" and one of their favorite episodes is when pig eats Dog's birthday cake (twice I think).  The motto of the episode is "share the cake, don't eat the cake".  They thought the show was so hilarious and for the rest of the day they were saying, "share the cake, don't eat the cake."  Then I think they just shortened it to "cake".

For what ever reason I think it is so cute.  Like I said earlier, it makes them seem like real people and real brothers - to have long standing inside joke.  (It has been about 4 months - it just took me a while to blog about it.)  And they think it is as funny today as when it started.

1 comment:

Karen said...

How cute! We love Word World, too and know what you're talking about.