Brock literally thinks he is spider man. He spends almost his whole day being spider man. He jumps around on furniture, over our railings, climbs on everything, shoots webs from his wrists, and makes sound effects for everything the does. When it is time for bed or when we are in church I have to say things like "no web sounds". It actually doesn't annoy me at all. It makes me smile every time. His favorite thing to do is build webs around our house. He takes yarn and spins it around anything and everything. This is often done while wearing his spider man pajamas.
Strangely this rarely annoys me also. I just step or duck over them. I love that he loves something. It does annoy Jason though - so we have to take them down after a few days.
Noah loves his sand box. This picture was back when it was still really cold and windy outside. Noah didn't care. He wanted his jacket with his hat on and he just digs with his little tractors. He would stay out there for hours. His new thing now it to shovel sand into a little bowl, once the bowl is full he pours the bowl into a bucket until the bucket is full and then dumps the bucket into a pile. He is so meticulous about things like this. He loves to quietly play by himself working on things with great patience, focus, concentration, and detail. I could watch him play all day.
This post was originally going to be about Jason going back to work - how I was handling things by my self, what our days were like, and my feelings about it all. Sadly I never did that post and my emotions are not fresh anymore. But I want to try and document it. So try to imagine we are back in April and Jason just started working again.
I was really nervous about Jason going back to work. I had really gotten used to him being around and taking the whole "mom" bit pretty easy and light. During previous bouts of unemployment I never wanted to get used to having him home - so I never let him help. I got up with the kids, I did all the meals and cleaning, I took them to activities while Jason stayed home. He always wanted to help but I was insistent that we kept our traditional roles. So needless to say his unemployment was always very hard on me and I desperately wanted him to go back to work. This time around I decided to give in and enjoy having him home. We spent our days together as a family, I included him in our day to day routine and he helped out and parented just as much (and some days more) than I did. It was great because I was in my first trimester of my pregnancy - so the help was much needed. I loved having him home and if it wasn't for financial reasons I wanted him home forever. (Who would have thought a change of attitude would have made all the difference :)
Needless to say I was very nervous to have all three kids (and pregnant) by myself again. When Jason got laid off Megan was still a baby - no crawling, will, or personality, and when he went back to work she was basically a toddler - a much bigger handful. I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it. I decided baptism by fire was the best method. So I planned an activity out of the house everyday and did errands several times through the week. On Tuesday I was coming home from one of our activities (I think Discovery Gateway) and I realized that I LOVED doing what I was doing. I LOVED being by myself, with the children, doing the mom thing. I loved the schedule, I loved the routine, I loved the silliness, and the precious moments, most of all I loved having to do it by myself. I felt as though I had found my niche again. I do love being a stay at home mom. It fits me well and I am so grateful to Jason for always letting me stay home and NEVER making me feel guilty. There are times when I feel as though I am being selfish by staying home - especially with the last few years that we have had. It would help us a lot if I had a job and would definitely bring more stability - at least financially. There are days when I considered getting a job. But as soon as we seriously try to discuss it it is always obvious that the best thing for our family is for me to stay home full time.
No comments:
Post a Comment