I had the best birthday ever this year - thanks to Jason and the kids. The best part about this birthday was that Jason was home the whole day. First off he got up and showered and got ready before any of the kids woke up so he could get up with them and let me sleep in.
Then I came downstairs to my favorite breakfast - milk mush with raspberries, cinnamon, toast, and orange juice. Then all the kids gave me birthday cards that they had made. Brock wrote happy birthday mom all by himself. It was wonderful.
Then Jason spent the day doing laundry (he did ALL the laundry), cleaning the house, and went to the grocery store for me. For our daily activity we went to Arctic Circle for lunch and play time. Where I got an Oreo shake - LOVE Oreo shakes!
Then Jason and the kids made me a birthday cake. The best part was I sat on the stairs and watched as Jason made his first ever cake - and on top of that with three kids! It was hilarious. I didn't say a word - just watched and laughed. They are like wolves on prey with cake batter and frosting.
The boys wanted him to make me a princess cake. So he frosted a pink crown on it. Not to bad for a first cake - he double layered it and everything. His yellow frosting was very runny - but I thought it was delicious!
Then he made the most yummy dinner I have ever had. He had never made any of the things before and I just gave him the recipe cards and he didn't ask any questions the whole time. We had honey-teriyaki salmon, garlic-herb mashed potatoes, and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Everything was better than I have ever made it. The salmon was so tender and flaky, the mashed potatoes were PERFECT. It was so yummy! A week later I went out to lunch with my mom, sisters, aunts, and grandma while he watched the kids.
Thanks honey for being perfect!
2 comments:
What a perfect birthday....and hubby. What a sweetheart you have. Happy late b-day!
What a wonderful birthday. I'm glad your family made it so special for you. You deserve it!
Post a Comment