Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Lifestyle photo session: crafts and snacks

*If you haven't read about my Lifestyle photography session I did - read about it Here
 
Another staple in our day was/is some sort of craft/art and meals.
 
To be honest I don't love the craft ones - I am not sure why, I think because more often than not I/we are frustrated when we do our crafts - so maybe it conjures up some negative feelings.  Noah is always saying "I can't" and Brock is anything but a perfectionist - he flies through and is out of there while Noah hasn't even started because he is still whining about how it is too hard to hold scissors.





 
I do love these because most of my motherhood memories will probably have some sort of food link to it.  I love when all 4 (5 now) of us sit down and eat together.  I really try to eat with my kids - it is SO TEMPTING to get up and get stuff done while they eat breakfast, lunch, or a snack.  But I really try hard to stay and sit and talk with them - and I never regret it.  Often this is when we read scriptures or learn something new.
I love these pictures because I was having a professional photographer over to my house to take pictures in my house and I didn't bother to throw that trash away in the background or put my drying dishes away behind my sink.  Well, at least it is a real view.
It is funny about the counter - I let my kids sit on the counter - probably because I LOVE to sit on counters - I am up on top of that thing reading ads or eating something several times a day.  I wanted an island or peninsula so my kids could sit up on it and help me make cookies.  We have had a few dozen eggs kicked off the counter because of it -  but... its too much fun to not let them.

See those pictures on the mantle and that tree in the corner - only decorations in the WHOLE house - those pictures are all of Megan that I put up for her blessing.


No comments: