Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Summer days

I always end up with a bunch of random summer pictures at the end of the summer.  Things that show are every day lives.
 
We spent most of our days in swimming suits in our back yard.





 
Or in some sort of dress-up attire.  The girls actually really got into dress up this summer - I am sad I didn't get a picture.  The dress-up thing happened because they got introduced to Cinderella and every shoe became a "glass slipper" and they always had to hurry and go to the ball.

 
Noah learned to ride a 2 wheeler - so the boys rode their bikes like crazy.  The moment the door was opened they were on their bikes.  One thing about me:  I let my kids ride their bikes in the streets and I don't make them where helmets - gasp!!  The street thing is situation dependent.  In West Jordan we could go all morning/early afternoon with out a single car going by our house - so the rule became that if I was outside actually WATCHING you (not gardening or doing some other distractible thing) and it was before 4:00 pm you could ride in the street.  But other than that they had to stay on the side walk (from 4-6:30 our street became busy with dad's coming home from work).  And as for the helmet thing... for that I am just a bad mom.  They probably should wear helmets.  I remember helmets being super annoying and uncomfortable and never fit right.  I find if you make a kid wear a helmet they, more often and not, choose not to ride their bike - and most of our kids are fat these days - so I choose to ignore the helmet advice.  If/when we start taking long/dangerous rides I will probably revisit my helmet theory.  

 
These girls play together really well 95% of the time.  They kill me they are so cute!

Our summer schedule.  This hung in our front room.  It saved my life.
 
This was one sad sad reason to leave West Jordan.  These three girls are all just a few months apart and loved each other. 
Brooklyn, Jillian, Madison

No comments: