Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, September 20, 2013

What I'll be Missing


Our dear dear backyard.  This brings me to tears every time I think about it.  Because unlike friends and family and places - we will NEVER have this again.  A lot of money, blood, sweat, and tears went into this back yard and we loved it so so much.  My memories are endless of countless mornings, afternoons and evenings in this back yard.  Swimming, soccer, pop flies, freeze tag, red light green light, red rover, hose in the sand box, climbing trees, reading books in the shade of the trees, water balloons, playing in the "tree house", hand weeding the entire yard every week, jumping in leaves, just laying in the grass... etc, etc.  Jason and I took GREAT pride in our back yard being flat and green and weed free, we loved to just look at it.  After my first night of house hunting in Denver and coming to the realization that I was going to HAVE to give up on the dream of having a nice big yard - I had dreams of playing freeze tag in our back yard.  I still have those dreams.  We will miss you yard - you were good to us.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I'd miss that too! We have a much smaller backyard full of rocks and Brett and I long to live in a place where we can have a large grass-filled backyard. That is high on our list when / if we ever move.

Despite having to leave that beautiful space, I hope Denver is treating you well.