As mentioned on Facebook I did my Halloween sugar cookie decorating in shifts this year. The fact is I DO have too many young children to make some things possible. For example: for about a year and a half I could not take them all swimming by myself - it just wasn't possible (also it was against the rules - they actually said to me "we have never had an issue with that rule - who has more than 3 children under the age of 5?"). Another thing I STILL can't do alone - cut out and decorate sugar cookies - it is too chaotic and the dough just gets destroyed and no one gets the help they need and it turn out awful. Well, the week of Halloween Jason was working late every night but I promised the kids we would make sugar cookies. I thought about having a YW over to help - but ended up deciding to just do it in shifts.
The boys did theirs right after school when the girls were still napping. They did a great job this year. I let them do it almost completely by themselves. Flouring the table and rolling pin, rolling it out, frosting, and sprinkling. Next year I bet I will be able to do all four at once. Their attention span was a lot longer too. Usually they only do like 3 cookies, but they kept working until we were all done - about 30 cookies! (And in case you are new to my blog - I do hide all 30 cookies and eat them all myself over the course of the next 2 days - I may or may not have had 8 cookies for breakfast that next morning... I am NOT exaggerating.)
I did the girls at 8:30 in the morning! Right after the boys went to school and right before bath time - of course. They did a great job and were much more into it than the boys were at this age. They each did about 3 cookies and were done.
No comments:
Post a Comment